THE MASTER PLAN SESSION
These Sessions are an intense learning experience which aims to inject you with the right knowledge to kick start your project. I will bring my enthusiasm and design experience to your Session, listening to what you want to achieve, whilst providing you with insightful knowledge and sketch ideas for your new build, renovation, or extension.
- meeting preparation (planning property report, etc.);
- assessing your property with you;
- discussing your aims and brief;
- designing and developing concept design layouts and thumbnail sketches of ideas for your renovation/extension;
- workshopping these ideas with you, testing alternatives and consolidating what works;
- discussing rough cost calculations, project budgets, Cost of Works budgets, permits, fees, specialist consultants, builder selection, time frames, cost control, fitfalls to avoid; and high performance, ultra-low engery, comfortable and healthy homes … the list goes on.
Location: Your project’s site (or via Zoom, if the site is remote).
Dates: Contact for us for availability (we do have limited availability for these sessions).
Cost: $1,200 (including GST)
Who are these sessions suitable for?
These Sessions are suitable for people who are at the beginning of their project, who yearn for a solid understanding of the process, and want to explore their project’s options. Our clients tend to be time poor, and don’t have the time to carry out their own research, and find these Sessions to be empowering, intensive, educational, exciting, inspiring, and insightful.
I am an architect, educator, mentor, tutor, speaker, examiner, entrepreneur, and a Certified Passivhaus Designer. I am passionate about educating clients on the build process and empowering them with the tools to make informed decisions.
I have over twenty years of post-graduate experience, with nine years based in London. And, I have completed projects in Barcelona, Dallas, Dubai, Jeddah, Kuala Lumpur, London, Melbourne, Moscow, Riyadh and Sydney.
Q & A
Do I need to prepare anything for these Sessions?
We know you are busy, so no preparation is required.
Is there anything I need to bring?
Just yourselves (and any existing plans you may have)!
How long do the Master Plan Sessions take?
Typically, these Sessions take 2 to 2.5 hours.
What is the next step after the session?
The next step will depend on your individual project; however, typically we will provide you with a Fee Proposal to take your project from concept through to completion on site.
- “We had a Master class session with Jane. From the outset and initial contact with Jane we found her to be incredibly responsive and personable. She was easy to talk with and was genuine. The masterclass session went for about 2 hours in which Jane went through our house plan and discussed with us some alternate options to our floor plan to help increase our living space. We wanted to extend out current weatherboard house into the back yard to create a open plan kitchen, dinning and living area, plus create a 4th bedroom and also a en-suite bathroom and stand alone bathroom. Through the session Jane was able to advise us of rough estimate costs to do our renovation and also propose potential savings with alternate floor plans. Jane through this session listened to what we wanted and also discussed how best to utilise the space effectively. Jane was also forthcoming with providing us some recommendations on builders in our area and also provided a high level overview of the renovation process from drafting, building, fitting choices etc. Overall I would recommend Jane and her services even if for a masterclass session. Thank you Jane for taking the time to meet with us and also providing some of your thoughts on our renovation of which we will use and hopefully proceed with our extension in the near future.” – Inesha, Maidstone.
- “Jane provided me with a great starting point with sketches, possible layouts and most importantly the possibility of being about to stage the renovation. Great work and many thanks.” -David, Brunswick.
- “We were looking at the feasibility of renovating our home and Jane assisted us with a series of designs to achieve our desired outcome. Throughout the process, she added considerable value to our thoughts, supplementing designs and concepts, while providing valuable advice on layout, look and feel of our future home. Her professional approach was appreciated as she sought to combine our ideas with her experience to deliver a satisfying result. I would recommend Jane to any prospective client looking at engaging her services.” – Rick, Williamstown.
- “I would have no hesitation in recommending Jane. Jane was professional and a pleasure to work with. Her understanding of my requirements, easy communication, a number of good suggestions, end result, one happy client.” – Suzy, South Melbourne.
- “I asked Jane to give us advice about a bathroom reno. One of the things that sets Jane apart from many other architects/designers is her open and frank views. She’s totally upfront about costs, products and what to be mindful of. Jane is also really smart about not trying to push ideas that will in all likelihood prove to be expensive and unnecessary. Jane is personable and we are using her advice to launch a full scale attack on our bathroom!” – Lynne, Sandringham.
How can I book a Session?
You can book one of these Sessions by filling out this contact form.